The secret to rocking a sofa with color in your decor is to keep all the other elements like coffee table, side table, walls and window treatment a neutral color.
Add accessories with complimentary colors like yellow, red or hot pink like pillows and floor lamp.
To inject more interest to your decor add texture to your decor like a roped side chair and a flat weave rug.
Sources to create the look above:
1. Green Velvet Sofa: Crate and Barrel Rochelle Apartment sofa in Emerald Velvet
2. White Lacquer Coffee Table: Euro Style Teresa Square Coffee Table in White Lacquer
3. Rug: Horchow Mojave Rug
4. Side Table: Mecox Organic White Lacquer Side Table
5. Floor Lamp: Treluci Piccolo Floor Lamp
6. Side Chair: Joy and Revelry Silver and Jute Moghul Chair
7. Tall Cabinet: Highboard Midcentury Modern Spider Web Design 1960s
8. Chandelier: Red Vistosi Murano Glass Chandelier
9. Window Treatment: The Shade Store Window Treatment in Shimmer Sheer
10. Pillows: Canary Yellow Lumbar Pillow, Hot Pink Lips, White Linen Pillo
So, tell me would you buy a green sofa for your home?